Right now, we are offering you a FREE downloadable information pack including everything you need to know about orthodontics for adults. This means you can get all the information you need in the one place!
Invisalign treatment consists of a series of nearly invisible, removable aligners that you change every two weeks for the next set of aligners over a specified treatment plan.
Each aligner is individually manufactured for your teeth, and your teeth only.
As you replace each aligner, your teeth will move – little by little, week by week – until they have straightened to the final position prescribed by your dental provider.
Invisalign Provider Melbourne
Take your first step towards a straighter smile without traditional metal braces by downloading your copy today.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign was developed to straighten your teeth almost invisibly. Made up of clear, BPA-free plastic aligners, Invisalign is a step forward in orthodontic treatment.
Invisalign uses a series of custom made, removable aligners to gradually move your teeth into alignment. Depending on your current smile, you will receive a series of aligners that will be changed approximately every six weeks until your orthodontist is happy with your smile.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
Using innovative techniques to produce and individually create clear aligners; Invisalign is on the forefront of orthodontic technology. Alongside the obvious aesthetic benefits, Invisalign has an array of other benefits, which include:
- Eat what you like: You can continue eating your favourite foods and drinks without the worry of staining or having food stuck in your braces.
- Removable: You can remove your invisible braces at any time and put them back in without compromising on your treatment.
- Discreet: As they are almost invisible, people won’t even know your undergoing orthodontic treatment, unless you tell them.
- Improve your oral health and hygiene: Traditional braces can make it difficult to brush and floss and your oral health can become compromised. Because Invisalign is removable, you can keep your oral hygiene routine in tiptop shape.
- Reduce pain and irritation: As invisible braces have no brackets or wires, patients have noted they are more comfortable, and are far less irritating than traditional, metal braces.
- Don’t come and visit us: Although we always love to see our smiling patients’ faces, luckily for you, undergoing Invisalign treatment means fewer visits to the orthodontist. Compared to traditional braces that need tightening and fitting regularly, patients with invisible braces will only need to come in and collect their new set of aligners approximately every six weeks.
If you’re thinking about clear aligners for yourself or your teenager, give the experienced team at South East Orthodontics a call today.
Should i get Invisalign or braces?
Both traditional braces and Invisalign were created to straighten smiles and improve oral health. However, Invisalign was developed in 2000, so it doesn’t yet have the same history as traditional braces. There are many advantages to both treatments and the best way to know what treatment would be best for you, is to contact the experienced team at South East Orthodontics.
Braces are made up of a few components: metal brackets, archwires and tiny rubber bands known as o-rings. The brackets are glued to the front of your teeth and an archwire is placed on top into a tiny groove and secured with an o-ring.
Here at South East Orthodontics, we can provide patients with clear braces, which are a more discreet option and include tooth coloured brackets. Or, if you want to make a statement, we have metal brackets that can have a variety of colours placed over them and you can even match them to your favourite sporting team.
Invisalign was developed to be virtually invisible and remove the hassle of wires and brackets. The aligner trays are made from BPA-free plastic and are worn over your teeth to gradually move them into their correct position. Another great thing about Invisalign is the technology. Your orthodontist will be able to show you your finished smile before you undergo treatment using precise 3D imaging, x-rays and impressions.
Traditional metal braces can fix most orthodontic issues from severe crowding to a misaligned bite. Unfortunately, Invisalign isn’t suitable for everyone and is best suited for patients who have only mild or moderate misaligned teeth.